Hey! I'm Chev - a big sister, daughter, friend, career-woman, writer, wife and new mama. I have no idea how to do either of those things, but I'm learning as I go. I'm also a textbook introvert, a lover of words & wit, and am inspired by and a champion for women.
By day, I do PR. And since all-caps, sarcasm and gifs are frowned upon in work emails - by night, I write! Mamahood, wifehood, media, art, music, culture, self-care, current events... let's talk about it. Writing is how I live out loud. And I hope to use this platform to inspire, share a laugh or two and be an outlet for those of us trying to figure it out.
Some things I love:
- 90's hip-hop and R&B (it was the best and you can't tell me any different)
- Wearing black
- Being black
- Big skirts
- Michael Jackson (foreverrrrr)
- Big hair & gold hoop earrings
- Saying things are "the bomb" because I'm stuck in the 90's (see the first bullet)
- Running (I haven't run regularly since 2015, and I almost pulled a muscle running across the street the other day, but I still love it and hope to get back soon)
- People who laugh from their gut and hug with both arms