Hey! I'm Chev, and I'm a big sister, a daughter, friend, career-woman, writer, dreamer, wife and new mommy. I have no idea how to do either of those things, but I'm learning as I go - and will offer unsolicited advice along the way. (You're welcome!)
I'm also a textbook introvert, a lover of words & wit, and inspired by and a champion for my fellow womankind.
By day I do PR at a mid-sized agency. And since all-caps, sarcasm and gifs are frowned upon in work emails - by night, I write! Mommahood, wifehood, PR, media, art, music, culture, current events... let's talk about it all. I hope to use this platform to inspire, share a laugh or two and be an outlet for those of us just trying to figure it out.
Some things I love:
- 90's hip-hop and R&B (it was the best and you can't tell me any different)
- Wearing black
- Being black
- Michael Jackson (he is forever my favorite and if you don't recognize his brilliance, we can't be friends)
- Big hair & gold hoop earrings
- Running (I haven't run regularly since 2015, and I almost pulled a muscle running across the street the other day, but I still love it and hope to get back soon)
- People who laugh from their gut and hug with both arms